Todd W. Collis
I represent individuals and small to medium sized companies in the areas of business and corporate law, administrative law, real estate transactions, and copyright and trademark legal matters.
As a business and corporate law attorney, I assist individuals and companies with the creation of corporations (for profit and nonprofit), LLCs, and partnerships. I provide legal counsel on matters including day-to-day operations, negotiation and preparation of contracts, employment agreements, and buy-sell agreements.
In the administrative law area, I represent physicians, nurses, psychologists, counselors, social workers, surveyors, and other licensed professionals in disciplinary matters before their state licensing boards and other administrative bodies, such as the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services, and the Ohio Bureau of Workers' Compensation. I assist licensed professionals with applications for licensure, negotiation and preparation of Consent Agreements, and preparation for administrative hearings.
In the area of real estate, I represent individuals and companies in connection with the purchase and sale of commercial and residential real estate, negotiation and preparation of Lease Agreements, and day-to-day issues related to real estate, including real estate disputes and title issues.
In the area of copyright and trademark, I provide assistance with preparation of copyright and trademark applications. I also negotiate and prepare Licensing Agreement in connection with technology, music, and artwork.
Areas of Practice
- Business Organizations
- Administrative Law
- Professional License Matters
- Copyright and Trademark Law
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Ohio
- Case Western Reserve University Law School, Cleveland, Ohio - 1990
- Denison University
- B.A. - 1987
- Major: Philosophy
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Ohio State Bar Association, Intellectual Property Law Section, Board of Governors
- Leadership Columbus, Past Member
- Upper Arlington Civic Association, Past Director
Past Employment Positions
- Crabbe Brown & James, LLP
- U.S. Senate Committee on Rule and Administration
- Personal Interests: Jazz guitar, Executive Co-producer of the recording “The Things I See - Interpretations of the Music of Allan Holdsworth,” featuring well-known jazz pianist and drummer Gary Husband. “The Things I See” was named by the BBC in the top 10 recordings of 2001.